Monday 17 September 2012

A whole year...

Today is my 1st wedding anniversary! I can't believe a year has passed. But it's been a really great 12 months. All starting with marrying the boy of my dreams.

Maybe one day I'll tell you the story of how we got together, it was nearly 8 years ago and every day I still can't believe this boy has chosen to spend the rest of his forever with me. Me? Why me? Hell I don't even care why, I'm just so ruddy glad he chose me!

I thought I'd share with you my 15 favourite photos (I tried to make it 10 but it was impossible) from our wedding day. Believe me, it was no easy task picking my top 15. Steve Gerrard and Ann-Kathrin Koch captured our day in the most amazing way, so many parts I didn't even know existed. So beautifully shot I cannot thank them enough for freezing my memories in time. I simply love every single shot but these select few really strike a chord with me. And I'll tell you why.

But first let me thank my amazing husband for the most wonderful 12 months. For his constant support. His constant love. His gorgeous smile and for always believing in me. You are my best friend in the whole world and I love you more than words can describe xxx



1. My bouquet
This photo holds more than the memory of my bouquet, but a million other memories. My Grandad sadly passed away 3 years ago (just over two when I got married) and the feelings of his loss were still quite raw. He was my only Grandad and he was the best. I so very much wanted him to be a part of my day. He would have loved it, especially as there were dominos (his favourite game) on the tables for people to play. I searched everywhere to find the right charm to house a photo of the lovely Ted. In the end it came from Philadelphia. A cherub held a small locket heart and my Grandad was with me every step of the way.


2. The boys en route to the venue
Ann was sent to my apartment to capture Anthony whilst he got ready. I cherish these photos; an insight into how his morning went. And she would never know but she has captured so much in this image. Like brother like brother eh? Anthony is renowned for biting his bottom lip. When he's feeling thoughtful, when he's nervous, when he's about to get married!


3. My Pops seeing me for the first time
What can I say. Just look at everyones faces and you will know what a special moment this was. Love my Dad to the moon and back.


4. The 'Rents
My true inspirations when it comes to marriage. They're still rocking it 32 years on. This picture really caught our relationship. Yes, we've had our ups and downs (I was a teenage girl after all) but ultimately we have a whole heap of laughs and stupid moments and this was one of those. My Moms face cracks me up!


5. Feeling totally composed
Throughout the morning I kept hearing the same question "Are you feeling nervous yet?" and I can honestly say that not once did I feel nervous. Before the day got here I had a massive phobia of walking down the aisle, mainly in case I tripped up but when the day came, I was just so beyond excited to see Anthony I didn't feel nervous at all. 


6. Wiping a tear
If you look at this photo, the only people witnessing Anthony wiping his eye, is me and my Dad. Everyone else appears to be looking at, ahem, me! the wipe of the tear was so sweet and made me feel a million dollars.


7. Just married and over the moon
That's it really. Just simply over the moon.


8. A simple hug
With my new Father in Law. Just look how happy he is! This photo just brings me so much joy. So lovely to be welcomed to a whole new family.


9. It rained
And it rained and it rained. My clever photographers made it look like not a drop fell from the sky but I can tell you it most definitely did. I loved my shoes so much, I love my tattoo (and its relevance to when I met Anthony) and I sort of loved that it rained. It didn't spoil anything. Yeah it made us a bit late back from our photos but it meant we got to chill in the car, listening to the sound of it lashing down and having 10 minutes to think about what we'd just done :)


10. Scarface
This photo reminds me of why we chose our venue. Not only was it for the building itself, but for its surroundings and the awesome art that you can find in the streets of The Custard Factory; like the Scarface painting. The graffiti art changes pretty much every week in the Custard Factory so we were well chuffed when this got to be the backdrop to one of our photos.


11. The venue
Light, bright and big. A vast contrast to the graffiti walls outside. It was like walking into another world.


12. The Shag
Another brilliantly placed piece of graffiti. Need I say anymore?


13. Smiles smiles smiles.
That's all. The smiles. I love them.


14. My girls
Bridesmaids are for life, not just for weddings.



15. A moment for two
Possibly my favourite of the bunch. This photo was obviously planned by Mr Gerrard. And I'm so glad. We didn't just happen to be outside, in front of the light, in the perfect pose. We were put there. And it was possibly the best few moments of my day. I think you can see from our faces that we enjoyed every single part of those few seconds. Standing there with my forehead against Anthony's, I got to take everything in, feel completely at ease and steal a few minutes with my boy amidst a crazy party. I won't easily forget the moment this was taken.


So there you have it. A few of my favourites. Did you have any favourites from your day? What were they and why were they your favourites? I'd love to hear all about it.

Happy happy anniversary day me.

Love

Becky
x



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Beautiful photos, looks like you had an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becky! First - congratulations! I simply cannot believe it has been a whole year already. You and Anthony have been some of my favourite people to photograph and I can only thank Steve for bringing me along. I remember him texting me photos of you saying "she looks amazing!" that I then had to hide from Anthony. :)

    And you're absolutely right, I had no idea I captured something truly unique to Anthony (well, and his brother!) but instead almost thought this photo was no good as he was biting his lip! Just goes to show that the most treasured images are of personal moments and memories. So so happy that this was the case for you!

    Lots of love to both of you. x

    ReplyDelete